Southport State High School has a range of programmes, across all year levels, which develop individual students' leadership skills. The roles and responsibilities of a leader are introduced to all students and each student has the opportunity to develop these skills through participation across a variety of leadership roles.
Each member of the student leadership team has the following responsibilities:
- Assist with and conduct school assemblies
- Participate in one of several leadership committees (LC).
- Act as role models for all students – including uniform, attendance, enthusiasm, responsibility and dedication to upholding school values.
- Actively promote & participate in all school sporting events.
- Communicate with other students to promote initiatives of the school and their respective LC.
- Meet regularly with LC staff representatives.
- Help coordinate school and learning community events.
- Nurture guidance and leadership skills within fellow leaders.
- Assist in preparing and setting up for school functions and sporting events.